Looking for the ultimate destination for your group event? There is no other place as historic and iconic as Union Station. Large groups. Small groups. Adults. Youth. The options at Union Station are endless, and the memories you’ll create here are priceless!
For 100 years, this landmark has served as the choice destination for our growing community and region. Today, it serves as the place where Kansas City connects, creates, discovers, and celebrates. We offer fun and unique attractions, world-class touring exhibitions, educational programs, teambuilding activities, and private group buyouts.
- Private lunchroom available for reservation
- Easy bus drop-off & pick-up, plus free bus parking!
- NEW attractions and exhibits in addition to traditional favorites
- Easily customizable visits, tailored specifically to your group
- Gorgeous, historical architecture and scenery at each turn
Group Leaders! Subscribe to The Next Stop to get the most up-to-date, inside information about what's going on for groups at Union Station. The Next Stop is a monthly email service that will provide members access to updates on group sales news, special offers, upcoming events and much more! After you've registered, an email confirmation will be sent to the email address on file.
Educators! Subscribe to the Union Station Kansas City Educator Program to stay up-to-date with all things Union Station! This program is free and available to all licensed educators, educators in training, early childhood educators, and home school educators in Missouri and Kansas.
GROUP VISIT INFORMATION
For more detailed information about planning a group visit, refer to our GROUP PLANNER
Updates regarding COVID-19: We are still accepting group visits! Please read our current reopening plan for more information. Masks are required at all times while inside the building.
For personal assistance planning your group visit contact Katlyn Baker at [email protected] | 816.460.2093 (Monday-Friday 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.)
BOOK YOUR VISIT
ON-SITE UNION STATION VISITS
To place a group reservation on-site at Union Station, complete our Group Reservation Form
GROUP RATE VOUCHER & FUNDRAISING OPPORTUNITY
Union Station is excited to offer limited-time group rate vouchers to our school and community partners for Science City. With a minimum purchase of 10+, you will receive VIP Anytime Vouchers for Science City at the discounted $8.25 rate.
Looking for an easy way to make some money for your school or organization? Place an order for our vouchers at the $8.25 rate and then sell them through your organization at whatever price you choose!
Occasionally, scholarship funding is available for qualifying school groups to visit Union Station attractions. Interested school groups should visit the scholarship links below for more detailed information and to submit the online request.
SCIENCE CITY ON THE ROAD
Keep your students’ interest in science thriving. Arrange for our Science City educators to visit your community or school through our Science City on the Road Shows. These interactive science demonstrations and workshops stimulate interest and introduce basic science concepts in entertaining and memorable ways.
For detailed information about these programs, please refer to our Group Planner
To make a reservation for any of our Science City on the Road Shows, complete the Road Show Reservation Form.
SCIENCE CITY AFTER HOURS
*After Hours programs are currently unavailable due to COVID-19 restrictions.*
After Hours outings are a great learning opportunity for your group of 50 or more. These programs are designed to create a private, science-fun experience for your group. Programs include Educator-led activities, exploration of Science City, and a Planetarium show. For detailed information about these programs, please refer to our Group Planner above.
Step 1 - Choose from two programs:
1) SLEEPOVER IN THE CITY includes all of the activities listed and an overnight stay in the science center. An evening snack and a continental breakfast are also provided during Sleepover In The City.
2) EVENING IN THE CITY includes all of the listed activities without having to stay overnight. An evening snack is included during Evening In The City.
Step 2 - Review program themes, and choose an option:
- Space Exploration: Recommended for Grades 3 & Above
- Cold Science: Recommended for Grades 2 & Above
- Engineering: Recommended for Grades 3 & Above
- Art-Science: Recommended for Grades 1 - 4
For detailed information about these programs, please refer to our Group Planner above.
To make a reservation for any of our After Hours programs, complete the After Hours Reservation Form.
SCIENCE CITY BIRTHDAY PARTIES
Look no further than Kansas City's Science Center, Science City, to celebrate your child’s big day. Birthdays at Science City are a blast of epic fun!
Science City Birthday Parties currently look a little different due to COVID-19. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we work to provide a space for your little one to celebrate!
Current Birthday Party Details:
- Following county and city guidelines, we are limiting the total number of people in the party room to 10. Guests may purchase tickets at $8.25 discounted rate.
- Members receive the number of free tickets included in their membership
- You will choose to attend either the morning (9:30 am-12:30 pm) or afternoon (2:00 pm-5:00 pm) session of Science City. To attend both, you will need to purchase separate tickets for each session. Guests cannot stay in Science City while it's closed.
- Party room is $100 for members or $150 for non-members and is located in the Science City Test Kitchen.
- Party room reservation is for the duration of the Science City session you choose (either 9:30 am-12:30 pm or 2:00 pm-5:00 pm). No early admission.
- A maximum of 10 people are allowed in the Test Kitchen at one time
- Tables, chairs, and trash cans are provided – you must provide anything additional
- Food is permitted, but no refrigeration or heating elements are available
- Flamed candles and balloons are NOT permitted
To make a birthday party reservation, complete the Science City Birthday Party Reservation Form.
Visit the links below to view and download pre-visit materials to help prepare for your upcoming visit.
- Policies & Procedures: Group Visits
- Check-In: Form
- Map: Union Station | Science City
- Individual Drivers: Parking Map
- Bus Drivers: Parking Map | Instructions
- Science Standards: Next Generation Science Standards | Missouri Learning Standards
- Got Science Guides: K-2 Guides and K-2 Answer Key | 3-5 Guides and 3-5 Answer Key | 6-8 Guides and 6-8 Answer Key | 9-12 Guides and 9-12 Answer Key